Historian Ruth ILLingworth delves into the curious world of the Mullingar Town Council Archives . The Mullingar Town Commission was set up in 1856,under an Act of the British Parliament, In latter years the Town Commission was renamed Town Council .
In 2014 Town Councils were abolished in Rep. of Ireland . Ruth has pick out the funniest and strangest and sometimes controversial statements and resolutions made by the Mullingar Town Council / Commission
Please Click on each link and it will bring you to the amazing stories researched by Ruth . Enjoy !
- THE COMMISIONERS VS THE BRITISH STATE
- THE ROYALIST NATIONALISTS OF MULLINGAR TOWN COMMISSION 1860-1901
- 1856-2014 DISPUTED MULLINGAR ELECTIONS
- THE DASTARDLY ACT OF COMMISSIONER CLEARY
- THE ILLEGAL MULLINGAR ELECTION OF 1942
- THE COMMISSIONER AND THE NATIONAL SCHOOLS 1856-2014
- NAMING THE STREETS OF MULLINGAR
- THE COMMISSIONERS AND THE FREEMASONS
- AND THEN THERE WAS LIGHT
- FLAGGING THE PAVEMENTS
- Houses ! Houses ! Houses !